Saturday, September 11, 2010

C4T#1

On August 29, I commented on a first grade teacher named Kathy Cassidy's blog titled Primary Preoccupation. The first post I commented on was about the designs she had come up with for her classroom this year. She has made it a rather comfortable space for her students to learn. I told her that I was impressed with her concern for the comfort of her students. I think that giving students a couch, coffee table, and area rug to spread out on is a good idea. I do not think they should use these areas all day every day, but I do think they need a space to feel comfortable in. I think it will allow them to be more creative and to really enjoy learning, which is important in a first grade class in my opinion.

On September 10, I commented on Kathy's post about making videos with her students. I learned from her post that learning is 83% sight! I thought this was a good enough reason by itself to use videos in the classroom. I told Kathy that I enjoyed watching the video of her class she posted and that I agreed using videos in class is a good learning tool and how I think her students probably love to see themselves on video!

1 comment:

  1. You have not done Blog Post Assignment #2. You ABSOLUTELY cannot afford to get behind in EDM310. If you work 9 hours a week on EDM310 you will not get behind. If you don't you will be in SERIOUS trouble!

    ReplyDelete